Eladon Ltd was the brainchild of Richard Ross, our founder and Managing Director. This is the history of our business:
- 1980 Richard Ross is running an haulage business in Botswana.
- 1985 After a long journey to the Soviet Embassy in Lusaka, Richard is offered a drink by the Ambassador that changes his life.
- 1988 Richard moves back to the UK and enrols on a course in Agricultural Economics at Bangor University where he discovers that Eleutherococcus Senticosus is virtually unknown in Britain.
- 1990 Realising the root was of variable quality, Richard set about standardising the product for import to the UK.
- 1991 Elagen was born and Eladon Ltd began trading.
An Introduction to Eladon by Richard Ross, Managing Director
“Eladon Ltd evolved from our own experience and studies into the use of Eleutherococcus Senticosus and its growing methods. The company was set up with the intention of sourcing, manufacturing and supplying highest quality extracts of ES. Since then we have become one of the leading companies specialising in ES, its extracts and its benefits, listed in the German Herbal Pharmacopoeia.
“We are committed to sourcing, producing and developing only the highest quality herbal extracts and raw materials which are, in every case, fully standardised in known levels of active ingredients in the correct ratios. These aspects are vital for any herbal extract to be effective. We will only consider other extracts if the published and anecdotal research meets our criteria i.e. showing it to be effective with a well documented, long history of safe and effective use.
“A reliable source of high quality raw materials must also be available. Recent products which meet these criteria are St Johns Wort, Saw Palmetto and Ginkgo.
“We are a company committed to quality and supplying our customer with effective, quality extracts, that meet with standards laid down by the Herbal Pharmacopoeia.”